Blue Birds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soar like a true blue bird

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hello members, please help recruit more people in the forum for more activity on the forum. Thanks!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Anyone from the original FTG still here?
We are the Harbinger of your ascendance. EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:00 am by YourGentleGiant

» Sunny Gemstones
We are the Harbinger of your ascendance. EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:58 am by Royal-X

» 6-0 Sweep Rain team VS Para Hax
We are the Harbinger of your ascendance. EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 9:54 pm by Yellow Flash

» This place in a nutshell...
We are the Harbinger of your ascendance. EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 10:31 pm by Chingstah118

» OU VS Uber 6-0 sweep!
We are the Harbinger of your ascendance. EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:34 pm by Yellow Flash

» Elemental Sandstorm
We are the Harbinger of your ascendance. EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:43 pm by Royal-X

» A new Choice Item; Choice Armor
We are the Harbinger of your ascendance. EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:06 pm by Chingstah118

» What pokemon do you want to move up, or move down in the tiers?
We are the Harbinger of your ascendance. EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 11:56 pm by BlueO4

» did u just died?
We are the Harbinger of your ascendance. EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:52 am by bjd4lyfe

Top posting users this week
No user

We are the Harbinger of your ascendance.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sexy Gardevoir

Sexy Gardevoir

We are the Harbinger of your ascendance. Empty
PostSubject: We are the Harbinger of your ascendance.   We are the Harbinger of your ascendance. EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:47 am

We are the beginning, you are the end

Hello, I have peaked first on the PS OU ladder twice, and got 1500 on the PO ladder, if anyone cares. This team, originally built around Terrakion, serves mainly to exterminate Terrakion's checks so that Terrakion can secure a late-game sweep. 

Dragondorf (Dragonite) (M) @ Dragon Gem
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- Fire Blast
- ExtremeSpeed
Dragonite is just so good at what it does. In a tier where weather and smashpass are omni-present in the tier, I went with the craziest anti-lead anyone could have thought of:MixNite. While many will find me crazy for using Dragonite's sub-par special attack compared to its great Attack stat, this set brilliantly lures and destroys most of the tier's leads and Dragonite's common checks/counters. Dragon Gem boosted Draco Meteor is a serious nuke, doing instantly truckloads of damage in one shot. I chose Draco Meteor over Dragon Claw or Outrage mainly because it destroys Landorus-T, Gliscor, Donphan, Hippowdon, all of which are stumbling blocks for Terrakion. It also does not require Dragonite to stay locked unlike Outrage, and has a significantly higher base power compared to Dragon Claw. Fire Blast and Superpower hits all steel types for SE damage bar Heatproof Bronzong, who has better business than stay in the OU tier. Fire Blast nails Scizor and Forretress, roasting them to the point that they are nothing more than fiery cinders. Superpower is mainly for Heatran and Tyranitar, hitting both for SE damage and 2hkos them easily, unless Heatran wields the uncommon Chople Berry. Extremespeed is used to finish off pokes brought down to their Sturdy/Sash range. The EV spreads are such that Dragonite outruns all positive base 70s, such as Politoed, Cloyster, Breloom and Metagross. Full 252 EVs are invested in Special Attack to instantly blast holes through the opponent's team. The rest of the EVs are put into Attack to give Superpower and Extremespeed an extra punch. Did I mention it is good Latios bait for Scizor to kill?

StarStruck (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
Starmie is the star of the show(Yes, I pun). Starmie has one job, spinning the hazards away, as my team is surprisingly hazards-weak. I have tried LO on Starmie before, but what i required was a spinner that can constantly provide Rapid Spin support while still being able to pack a punch, and LO will just chip away at its health, reducing its longevity. What I like about Starmie is the fact that it has access to instant recovery, something which other spinners can only dream off. Despite not having good bulk on one side such as Donphan and Tentacruel, its all around decent bulk and solid offensive and defensive typing, and instant recovery cements its position as the best spinner in OU. I use Hydro pump over Surf or Scald mainly because I like to smash my opponent with hard-hitting moves. Psyshock is used so that it can get past Tentacruel, while still doing okay damage to Jellicent by preying on its significantly lower defense stat. Recover and Rapid Spin are both obligatory moves, as Starmie does not have a place on the team without them

BurnItDown (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 188 SDef / 64 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
Heatran serves as the team's defensive backbone. His numerous resistances allow it to tank hits and retaliate. Heatran also carries the ever-important Stealth Rock on my team, and I require them to be up in order to turn certain 3hkos into 2hkos and 2hkos into 1hkos. It also reduces the effectiveness of Stealth Rock weak pokes, such as Volcarona. Lava Plume is really there for STAB, as well as grabbing the potential burn that can shit down a physical attacker. Earthpower is a surprisingly useful move to have, hitting opposing Heatrans for SE damage. Roar is used to phaze out boosting threats such as Latias, who cannot even scratch its tough hide without enough boosts under its belt. 

Recharge (Thundurus-T) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Thundurus-T helps the team by exterminating specific threats. While it might seem wierd to have Volt Switch as the only STAB move, i require the other moveslots to cover the wide range of threats that my team will be easily steamrolled over should I not have these important coverage moves. I chose Expert Belt as its item because most Thundurus-T wields a Choice Item and I can often just bluff a Choice Item in order to scare off the opponent and only reveal that I am expert belted when I need my other coverage moves to defeat the opponent. Grass Knot is possibly the most expandable move in Thundurus-T's moves, but that is not saying it is useless. Grass Knot easily eliminates Hippowdon and Gastrodon, both of which are huge defensive threats to my team, and Gastrodon can punch holes should it grab the Storm Drain boost and it is donning the choice specs. Focus Blast smashes the steel types that pose as a problem to my team, and with Expert Belt boosting its power, most steel types weak to it will almost faint. Volt Switch and Hidden Power [Ice] form a pseudo-BoltBeam Combo, having excellent coverage throughout the tier. Thundurus-T is a valuable member of my team, its usefulness as a specific exterminator helps out the team in the long run.

Sniper (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 216 HP / 236 Atk / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Scizor is the glue to my team. The usefullness that Scizor provides is really the team's key to success. Scizor has 4 main roles on the team: The pursuit trapper, the physical Hard-hitter, the Revenge-killer, and the Psychic exterminator. I slapped a Choice Band on this killing machine because i badly require the added attack boost in order to fill all 4 holes. Pursuit is for trapping the ghosts, making Starmie's job as a spinner much easier, as well as taking out the Lati@s that is a pain to handle on my team. Bullet Punch, boosted by Technician and further boosted by STAB, and finally feeding off Scizor's high Attack stat, is going to start punching holes into the opponent's team, slaying them before they know what hit them. Bullet Punch also bypasses its average speed. U-turn puts a severe dent on Reuniclus, as well as scouting the opponent, and continue the little Volt-Turn core between itself and Thundurus-T. Superpower wraps up the set, destroying all steel types that there stand in its way. Scizor needs to be played carefully, for it cannot afford to be trapped by Magnezone.

Terrakium (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Terrakion is the wallbreaker and Revenge-killer on the team. Its solid base 129 attack stat is simply astounding, and Terrakion also boasts a blazing 108 base speed, as well as having two excellent STABs that compliment each other so well, Terrakion seems custom-built to destroy and finish off teams. I chose Hidden Power [Ice] on Terrakion because of the constant Gliscor threat. 48 Special Attack EVs are enough to guarentee the 2hko on gliscor, Landorus and Donphan. Close Combat and Stone Edge are the brilliant STAB moves of choice, utterly destroying anything that is weak to it. X-Scizzor rounds off the set, hitting Psychic types slightly harder than Stone Edge, as well as dealing with Celebi. 

This team has been very successful, hope you like it~!

Comment, Rate, Steal~!!
Back to top Go down
Chingstah118

PostSubject: Re: We are the Harbinger of your ascendance.   We are the Harbinger of your ascendance. EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:43 pm

I have got to try this.
You have pokemon I use - not including Thundurus-T.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Flash
Admin
Yellow Flash

PostSubject: Re: We are the Harbinger of your ascendance.   We are the Harbinger of your ascendance. EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:04 pm

Awesome team! Does it have enough bulk?
Back to top Go down
https://bluebirds.rpg-board.net
Chingstah118

PostSubject: Re: We are the Harbinger of your ascendance.   We are the Harbinger of your ascendance. EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:48 pm

I used it quite a few times yesterday.
For me it focuses mainly on immediate damage while hoping to just plain take out main counters to Terrakion.
It does have a good amount of bulk though. Dragonite gets a good amount of HP with multiscale while Scizor takes a good deal of moves.
Back to top Go down
Draco

PostSubject: Re: We are the Harbinger of your ascendance.   We are the Harbinger of your ascendance. EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:13 pm

I'll stick with Dragon teams.
Back to top Go down
Sexy Gardevoir

Sexy Gardevoir

PostSubject: Re: We are the Harbinger of your ascendance.   We are the Harbinger of your ascendance. EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:28 pm

In all honesty, this team relies on smashing down the appropriate checks/counters on Terrakion, and weakening down the rest of his team so that Terrakion can effectively clean up the game. It's not uncommon I'm 1-4 down and Terrakion wins by CCing everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We are the Harbinger of your ascendance.   We are the Harbinger of your ascendance. Empty

Back to top Go down

We are the Harbinger of your ascendance.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blue Birds :: Battle Arena :: Player Teams-
Jump to: